Saturday 5 February 2011

An Unusual CNY 2011

This is my 3rd away Chinese New Year, and the most 'unusual' CNY for me. It wasn't easy for me as I felt extremely lonely and homesick. Also, there were some other personal stuff that bothered me, and I had to deal with it. The whole week was darn 'chi-kek', like a roller coaster. Things just came in and suddenly I had so many to deal with alone. My brain power was utilised up to 200% and I slept less than 25 hours in 5 days!

3 days before Chinese New Year (年二十八)
I felt extremely fatigue. And shoot, it was one week earlier.. grrr...I was feeling grumpy..maybe it was caused by the unbalance hormone or whatever, and still I was working together with my peer in uni, to complete some work for my prof.

2 days before Chinese New Year (年二十九)
I received a call from a company that they would offer some sort of full time role but temporary contract for me. They requested me to start next week. I was excited, at the same time, I had to think about the arrangement of my other work commitment and potential opportunities. Oh dear, it was really giving me a headache. I didn't sleep well that night.

Chinese New Year eve (年三十晚)
I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I broke down quietly in the middle of doing work in uni...luckily no one saw me. Negative feelings aroused! Work arrangement, personal stuff, home sick...all come at once! I took a small break and rang up a few friends, although not telling them much what had happened, I just need something to distract me from the negative feelings. I went to see my lecturer to communicate about my new job and I may not be able to help him and the team anymore. I was happy as my lecturer was being encouraging.

1st day of Chinese New Year (年初一)
I resigned myself from the current part time job. I had butterflies when calling my boss who is currently based in Hong Kong. I do love the working environment there, just that I may have to move on as there is no full time vacancy that can fit me in. Then one by one I communicated the decision across the management.

Everything is new from "inside to outside" ;)

2nd day of Chinese New Year (年初二)
I planned to just quietly leave the company as I am just a part timers. I was surprised when my line manager rushed out from the office and told me they had a farewell card with everyone signed for me. I was moved!If I can, I will say it out a zillion thanks...

Some said I am a very independent and strong person, some even said they wouldn't able to handle situations that happened to me if they were me. I take it as a compliment but trust me, I just have no choice, and destined to deal with situations. I am just same with other girls, I just need a bit of love and care...and a bit of talking...

I wish at least tonight, I can sleep better..

Gung Hei Fatt Choy lar!

3rd day of Chinese New Year (年初三)
I went shopping again. But this time was to get some working clothes and working shoes, as I will be back to work on Monday. Luckily I still managed to catch up the sales, I guessed the sales ends soon.

Boots (Clark): £22.49 (original price: £ 75.90)
Blouse (Zara):
£3.99
Skirt (Zara):
£9.90
Pants (Zara):
£12.90
Thicker tights (Gap):
£2.99
Leggings (HnM):
£5.99

Also, I went to shape my eye brows in Superdrug, again using my NUS card, I spent
£4.5 for it... one word...PAIN! This is the first time I let someone I don't know to do my eye brows...

Just that, I feel quite ill today. I guess that is because the lack of sleep for the past few days.. Yeah, having medicine now and going to take a nap...


1 comment:

GSF said...

congrats gal for getting a new job ..
i tumpang happy for u =)
Good luck n all the best to u ..
c u soon!