Saturday 12 February 2011

An Unusual CNY 2011 (cont)

4th day of Chinese New Year (年初四)

As usual, for this year CNY, I went to London for the CNY event with Bee. It was Bee's first time seeing the Chinese New Year celebration in London. My 2nd indeed :)


The main stage was in Trafalgar Square. The event started with loads of speeches, then opened with burning the Chinese fire crackers.



Then as usual, dragon dance...

And the lion dance....on the Mui Fa Jong (梅花桩)



Honestly, the performance is a small trick (雕虫小技), nothing as best compare those I used to see back home. Any how, it is better than nothing. It is Chinese New Year, man! Of course, I have to go somewhere that I can feel the Chinese New Year ambiance as I am away from home. It was quite funny to see those 'ang mohs' (Caucasian) were so into the performance and kept snapping pictures...haha

Right, after Trafalgar Square, we went to China Town for late lunch. It was very crowded until I hardly moved.
Golden Ang Moh Rabbit :p

Squeezing....:S

Buying Bee lunch as an appreciation for helping me a lot all this while...we ordered Spring rolls and spicy & sour soup for starter, half roasted duck, Malaysian Belacan stir fry spinach and Singapore Noodles for main course.

people were queuing to get into the restaurant

nothing too pretty, but it was a nice meal though

the restaurant was visited twice by the 'lion'. So I guess I must huat gao gao this year :)

something funny on our way home..

my last shot in front of the 'Wishing Tree'. Hope all my wishes will come true!

Lastly, I want to thank Bee, who was with bad wrists and light face injuries that time, for celebrating the CNY with me. Truly appreciated :)

Click here for more pictures.

5th day of Chinese New Year (年初五)

First day started working (开工大吉)... Although it is a contractual job, still a good experience though..


Related post: An Unusual CNY 2011

No comments: