Sunday 25 September 2011

Chekie PaMa Fabulous Holiday 2011: Athens (13 - 17 July) Part Three

In the 3rd day, as we had almost done with the sights in Athens, we decided to just wandering around the town centre.

Dad and Mom wanted a picture in front of the hotel..haha

First stop, we went to Kerameikos , the ancient cemetery of Athens.



My parents decided just to sit somewhere waiting for me. I was down to the site to explore every bit of it. Lol… Well, mom fell asleep while waiting for me..Nicey!

Second stop, we went to Athens 2004 Olympic stadium. The stadium design is awesome. It wowed me when I saw the whole stadium from far. However, when we got to the stadium, we saw the place seemed like being ditched for a long time, with graffiti every where. It is a shame! I do not want to comment on current Greece economy situation, however, wouldn’t be better if the country takes initiative to preserve the place and make it to be a proper tourism spot?





It was still hot though during the day. The next stop Athens Flee Market. The retailers here claimed that all souvenirs are made in Greece. Strictly no China. Lol.

Have a guess what is this?

Of course stopping for coffee – Greece Coffee for sure. I quite like the cutlery for my coffee…haha


After mom picked up some souvenirs in the Flee market, we moved on see some other monuments..not too sure what is it called…haha


One thing that annoyed us was the we were told by a tourist couple that be extra careful in this area. They were chased by some drug addicts. After taking a few shots, we just quickly left the place..

As it was our last day in Athens, we decided to go for a Mediterinian dinner at Aropa restaurant. The food was very good.

Mom was pretty shocked by the size of her salad…She kept moaning that we shouldn’t order too much food…haha

Dad with his honey chicken or whatever… look at his expression…I tasted his food afterwards. It was very good..However, I think he still prefer oriental food :p


That’s pretty much for Athens. I personally love the place, love the people, and I will defo come back again, maybe not Athens, but visiting other islands.

Click here for more pictures.

Check out the previous stories:
Part One: http://bit.ly/nMNLrE
Part Two: http://bit.ly/oJKdsd


No comments: