Sunday 12 September 2010

Jom Makan Raya

I was invited to a 'Raya' dinner last Friday. The dinner was in potluck style which everyone contributed a dish or two of Raya food. Except me...hehe...Thanks to my fellow Malaysian organiser who booked a place in HUMSS Building for the dinner and Kak Dian who invited me to the dinner. I don't know Kak Dian until she was introduced by my ressearch supervisor. Then only we know each other and apparently we both were doing our 1st degree in the same universiy, University Putra Malaysia, in same faculty. She is one year senior than me. What a coincidence!

Me and Kak Dian


Everyone was dressing up in Malaysia traditional costume. It's been ages since the last time I saw Malaysian traditional costume such as Baju Kurung, Baju Kebaya, Baju Melayu etc. So I was kinda excited as I felt like I was in my university time. I used to dress in Malaysian traditional costumes when we attended some formal events. Mostly those free 'makan makan '(dinner) event. Ha!



The emcee...MSc in Politics Science...'orang politik ni', don't play play :p

This is my first time meeting Malaysian mature students in University of Reading. Most of them are lecturers in various public universities in Malaysia and currently doing their PHD in University of Reading. Obviously I am the only Malaysian in my course, hence I am glad to see fellow Malaysians in the university.

My favorite 'Raya' dishes are the cookies and Chicken 'Rendang'. I used to visit my Malay friends back in Malaysia during Raya. I was excited when I spotted those food are served. So I had loads of Chicken Rendang, cookies, Laksa Johor and some very mamak-like kopi susu. Absolutely love it! I think I ate a lot.. Ha!

Raya Cuisine...Awesome!!

I ate and ate and ate....

At last, we would like to wish all Muslims,


'Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri & Maaf Zahir Batin'

Click here for more pictures :)

No comments: